Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. As your Realtor, I will prepare and present the Agreement of Purchase & Sale and help you to get the home you want, at a price that works for you.
Together, we will discuss any conditions necessary to protect your interests as the Buyer and I will recommend anything you may not have thought about.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
I will help you determine a price to offer based on your budget and based on what other similar homes in the area have recently sold for.
I will represent your interests and work diligently for you throughout the entire process.
How Making An Offer Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I will help you to determine a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to help you get that home.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call, text or email me.